Friday, April 06, 2007
I just got that Mika CD. This might be the fastest on the uptake I’ve been in my life (literally I bought the first Sean Paul album last month.) but I’ve been dying to find something new to listen to, and also I love plaintive lines in songs like, “Why don’t you like me?” Anyway it’s quickly becoming my favourite record until I find a new one. Firstly the only thing I like better than guys with super high voices is Freddy Mercury. And this idiot is busy doing both. ALSO! There’s this one encouraging song about fat girls and there’s a line that goes, “ A diet coke and a pizza please, a diet coke and I’m on my knees.” Now if that’s not the best line ever I don’t know what.

I broke down and got the “new” Mates of State record to, but I haven’t been bothered to listen yet.

So this weekend is Game Day at Dean and Flo’s. You know that thing that happens twice a year where games are played and you camp. It’s pretty much one of the funnest things that happens all year. But it’s so motherfucking cold and it’s JUST like the weather before the blizzard of ’93 and I’m real worried about getting stuck in Old Fort. And my cousin is making potato salad for Easter. So we’ll see.


Comments:

the new mos is really good but i'm a bit biased. the new Six Parts Seven is excellent but there are no words.
 
I like words.

Yeah so far it's good. I need about 25 listens to MOS before I start to appreciate it.
 
sometimes it takes 25 listens to to learn to differentiate the songs ;)
 
Post a Comment